RE: SR-71 Aircraft

From: tmfu (tmfu@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Jun 09 2002 - 21:27:49 EDT

It actually started out as the A-12 as a nuclear stike aircraft. Since the
B-52 proved to be a more ecomonical choice the A-12 was redesignated as the
SR-71. The top airspeed of the SR-71 is still classified. There is also one
sitting on the deck of the USS Intrepid in New York Harbor.

Greg
2k1 Dodge Neon ES
Rahway, NJ
http://kernelpanic.dyn.dhs.org