Comments made about cat-back exhaust systems lately?

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 01:48:36 EDT

Last week or so, there have been one or two comments made about how the
after market cat back exhaust system don't add any HP. I'm not arguing the
point but I have a question in concern to it. I can't say if the cat-back
system I had put on my truck help with HP or torque, But it feels like the
RPM of the 4.7L comes up faster when not in gear(feels like it too when in
gear also). Not sure what this is called. And that my question, What is it
called? Is it called anything? Or I'm I just rambling on again? (Opps Did I
type that last one?)

--
Don Mallett