Re: Re: New to DML, hope to enjoy some info sharing

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 13:48:30 EDT

I have a 3.9L V6. The only mods I have done to it are the tornado and a K&N
permanent air filter. I keep it tuned up and I use Bosch platinum plugs.
I'm running Goodyear Wrangler RTS tires, in the stock size. I also added a
cross box tool box to haul all my tools and junk so that adds some weight.
Altogether, I'm plenty happy with the service the truck has given me. I'm
thinking about what I can do to increase the power (if I can keep my foot
out of it) that should give me some increased gas mileage. I have been
thinking about a set of headers, hi flow cat, and a cat back exhaust but
I'm a little leary of hos the thing would sound. I know what a V8 sounds
like with an aftermarket exhaust, but I'm worried the Dak would end up
sounding like a sewing machine on steroids. I have been doing some reading
and I think before I go there, I'm gonna try changing the thermostat. I
need to replace the belt and I think I should probably change the coolant.
I'm gonna take a trip to North Carolina here in the next few weeks and both
the belt and the coolant are (I think) original. With over 76K on the
clock, I don't wanna take any chances on the road. Anybody that has done
the exhaust system on the V6, I'd appreciate any info you have on it.
Thanks,

Ray