U-joints?

From: DAKSY (rsmith13@nycap.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 17:53:51 EDT

Ok, DML...
Talk to me....
On the way home from work tonite, I'm accelerating thru a yield sign - not
really getting on er - (with the radio blaring & the A/C on) & I hear a
GAWDAWFUL noise from somewhere under(?) the DAKSY. I shut down the radio &
A/C & roll down the window & hear nothing. I looked in the rear view to see
if anything had fallen in the road (not)..So I goose er a coupla
times...still nothing. Accelerate to 30 & nothing...Turn into my street &
start to accelerate up a small incline at about 25 mph & JAYZUS! There it is
again...definitely from under the DAKSY. Been awhile since this guy changed
out the u-joints ('68 Cuda...abt '74?), but as I remember from waaaay back
then, the sound of a bad u-joint was more of a muffled clunk. This sounded
like something was grinding?!?!?!
20 miles earlier, I had to really get on er, pullin out of work & there was
nothing!
I crawled under & started shakin stuff, but nothing seems loose...
Any ideas? Bad U-joints now equipped with grinding instead of clunking?
Andy, didn't you just change em out?
Help!

Bob Smith (Daksy2K on AIM)
2K DAKSY CC Sport +
3.9l; V6: 4X4
(1 of 980 2K DAKSYs mfrd)
For the mods,details, etc., visit us at:

http://home.nycap.rr.com/daksy/

(ps, we're still working on it...
Susan on the page; me on the DAKSY! )