Re: Brakes

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 20:30:15 EDT

Eric, I've had great results with Raybestos rotors, pads and shoes. My Dak
has never stopped better, both on the street and the track. They're very
quiet and very low dust as well. Found them at Pep Boys and pricing was
good.

Always replace the hardware when changing shoes. The springs lose some of
their tension over time and new stuff is just cheap insurance that they'll
keep on working right. One tip I can pass along, use a thin film of
anti-seize instead of the factory recommended lube where the shoes move
against the backing plate and on the threads of the self-adjusters. Also
works good on the front caliper slides, where the pads rest on the adapters.
Basically, anywhere there's metal to metal contact. Anti-seize doesn't
melt or wash off easily so it lasts much longer and prevents rust. (Thin
film....it does run it you use too much)

Ray
"I used to have a handle on life, but it broke."