Re: RE: 2004 Dodge Dakota is given a greenlight

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 22:37:05 EDT

Carter, Brian wrote:
> So, the lastest is there will be a follow on Dakota, but I would like to
> know if anyone has more current information on the last model year for
> this body style?

Everything I've heard points to 2005 for the next body style (2004 being
the end of the current one). 2004 is the new Durango, and if 2004 was
also the new Dak resources would be stretched - plus, we'd have started
hearing more definite rumblings about the next gen, like what's been
floating around about the next Durango.

> I currently have a 2000 QC 4x4 4.7L, and I want to special order one of
> the last Gen III Daks (exactly as I want it this time, and late in the
> model year). If 2003 is the last year, I probably can't afford to do it.

Yeah, I was thinking about doing the exact same thing. But, the only
constant in life is change, and I may need to hold onto the '99 so I can
put all that monthly payment money into something else that is (hold
onto your hats) more important than the Dak. And there aren't many
things that are above it on the list.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com