RE: 2004 Dodge Dakota is given a greenlight

From: Carter, Brian (brian.carter@texian.org)
Date: Tue Jun 11 2002 - 22:37:49 EDT

I thought the current body style was good through the 2004 model year?

http://www.car-truck.com/chryed/buzz/b040202.htm

"Dodge will continue to build the current Dakota through at least model
year 2004."

In the one you posted a link for (and posted earlier) it doesn't mention
the model year, but in the initial report it said the new Dakota was
slated for either 2004 or 2005.

So, the lastest is there will be a follow on Dakota, but I would like to
know if anyone has more current information on the last model year for
this body style?

I currently have a 2000 QC 4x4 4.7L, and I want to special order one of
the last Gen III Daks (exactly as I want it this time, and late in the
model year). If 2003 is the last year, I probably can't afford to do it.

Thanks,
Brian T. Carter