UPDATE: Transmission problem

From: Chris Reck (roadkill47@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Jun 13 2002 - 22:05:56 EDT

I replaced the Trans Speed Sensor (Part #4800879).and the transmission is
working great! The part cost me $30.23 after tax. When I replaced it, I
needed to get a 1" deep socket to loosen it. A pair of pliers could not
grip it. When I took it out, I realized the angle of the sensor was on the
bottom of the pan and fluid started pouring out. I quickly got the plug in
and lost maybe 1/10 of a cup. Not much at all. I double-checked the fluid
and it was OK.

The computer has to re-learn the shifting, but it is much quieter and runs
great.

Thanks for everyone's help. I will make sure I remember you guys.

Chris Reck
'99 Dakota Sport + CC 4x4 V6 Amethyst