Re: Re: Maximum tire diameter on Gen III? (Vic)

From: Vic (ib4x4@satx.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 23:59:23 EDT

Yes, I had the 265/70/16 as OEM. There is a definite difference in the
truck's ride with the new tires. I noticed less body roll in the turns and
less bounce in the bumps. I think the BFG A/Ts are pretty heavy and stiff
so my ride has stiffened up, but that's how I wanted my truck to ride. I
think the factory tires are just too soft and have thin sidewalls; one of
mine developed a huge crack at about 3k miles. The thickness of the tire
and air pressure should determine how much you are cushioned and isolated
from the road more than the height of the tire.
I'll send you some pics.