Re: Steering question for 4X4 owners

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 00:06:17 EDT

Branning,
Thanks for the P/N's. I was checking part listings last night and saw two
different numbers listed for the inner tie rod ends. Of course one is nearly
double the other, but I couldn't find out which one was right as they were
both described for my truck.

I talked with Bernd this morning and he said his wife's Jeep G.C. had the
same problem. He's going to check it out for me tomorrow and see what all
needs to be replaced. Turned out her center link was bad too. UGH! I've
added up over $400.00 worth of parts and haven't even touched the ball
joints yet!

John