RE: RE: Peeling paint on DC vehicles...

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jun 19 2002 - 07:31:50 EDT

>hey, I never got those pics...were you talking to me???

>Tim Althoff
>99 V6 RC 5-speed SY

Sorry Tim, I was trying to reply to a friend in another e-mail and I
guessed I got a little crossed up,LOL. He was asking me about the IAT
sensor re-location and the TPS Mod. I took some pics of the work I did and
tried to send it but my screwy e-mail server from my home 'puter didnt send
all the pics. As far as the peeling paint and other problems go, we had a
wicked thunderstorm last night. This morning when I got to work, I checked
the hood and sure enough I can see the chalky film starting to re-appear. I
have been using Meguiars paste wax and buffing it out with an orbital
buffer. I'm going to try using Meguiars Liquid polish and see if that
helps. For what its worth, when I did have the body shop assistant manager
check the paint on my Dak, he said he could see where some repair work had
ben done to the left front fender. You can see where the paint has "sucked"
(his term) into the sanding marks and it looks like the sand paper used was
a coarse grit. I did better body work than that when I was in high school!
Anyway, he said they could'nt be sure if it was damage repaired before the
truck was originally put into service or accident repair. Since I bought
the truck used, I didn't know if it had ever been in an accident. I ran a
report from Carfax and according to them, it has never been reported as
being wrecked. When I bought it, it was only 2 years old and had 18K on the
clock. I really haven't made up my mind what I want to do other then
eventually get the entire truck mildly custom painted.

Ray

Dover, De