01 QC Powergate install help

From: crm (tb.crm@verizon.net)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 12:15:49 EDT

hey guys,

i installed the Pace-Edwards Powergate on my '01 QC this past weekend. had
no trouble getting it into the tailgate or running the wire thru the frame
(apart from being sore the next day) but having one helluva time getting the
damn thing to work.

on the instructions sent with it, it says to hook up the wire taps to an
orange/black and pink/black wire. however, there is a note that says 4-door
'01 models (like mine) should look for orange/black and a dark blue wire.
well, after craning my neck under the dash for too long, i finally found
what i thought to be the right ones. no workie. wire-taps were installed
right, and nothing at all.

so first of all, where is the connector i need to be looking for? the wires
i ended up tapping were in the little module behind the kick panel right
directly in front of the drivers side door. it was the largest harness in
that module and had both wires (orange/black and dark blue). when i unhooked
it, the door locks did stop working so i figured i shoulda been close to
getting it.

after banging my head for a while i did find another harness that plugged
into the back of the fuse panel with the right colored wires. but since i
had no more wire taps i didnt go any further. when i unplugged it the door
locks still worked so i dunno...

so anyway, if someone that has successfully installed a Pace-Edwards
Powergate on a 2001 Quad Cab Dak please help me out?