RE: ES9000's On A Gen II 2wd

From: Kenneth Eng (keng@novadigm.com)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 15:47:19 EDT

They go through fine on the 98 4x2.

-----Original Message-----
From: B1LLYW@aol.com [mailto:B1LLYW@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 3:26 PM
To: dml@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: ES9000's On A Gen II 2wd

My Dad's 95 has been getting new goodies this week. I'll post on that
later.
 It still had the original shocks at 90,000 miles so those had to go. I
ordered up a set of Pro Comp ES9000's for him. I found the right part
numbers from their website, confirmed them when I ordered from 4wheelparts,
and double-checked them when they showed up. My buddy's shop called me
today
in the middle of the install. The front shocks did not fit. They hit the
control arms. Apparently the ES9000's were too thick to fit into the
control
arms. He was able to grind out the hole and open it up enough for the
shocks
to fit. Still, that doesn't count as a bolt-on to me. I called Pro Comp
and
they agreed grinding should not be necessary. It should work out fine but I

thought others might be interested in case they buy these.

Bill White - http://www.moparforme.com

'02 QC 4x4, SLT+, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92's w/LSD, Airaid, MBRP Super Single
Exhaust, Hurst T-Handle, BFG A/T's, IAS Shocks, 180 T-Stat, Jet Chip - Stage

II