Re: To acetone or not to acetone, that is the question...

From: Martin Nowak (got-speed@cox.net)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 15:39:13 EDT

Use rubbing alcohol. I put the aluminum "dash cap" on and it came with the
3m stuff. Looks like a handiwipe. It will eat the color out of the dash,
don't use it. I made the mistake of "cleaning" the whole dash with it and
everywhere it touched is now a dull gray color, good thing there is not much
dash that is not covered. I don't think rubbing alcohol will have the same
effect, other than to clean it. The whole point is to remove all dirt (soap
and water) and then to remove any oils etc. (alcohol)
Don't use beer, your liable to drink it before finishing the dash ;)

Marty