To acetone or not to acetone, that is the question...

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun Jun 23 2002 - 14:50:34 EDT

Hi there - well I have a "friend" who is going to install a wood dash
kit on his "ride" (looks innocent)...

The instructions call for using 3M Solvant #70 - and lists a part
number. The thing is - he has never heard of this stuff before and is
having some trouble finding it for sale on a Sunday. Can he use acetone
to clean the dash panels? Will it do the same job? The wood kit
instructions are very clear that the dash needs to be perfectly clean
and free of oils, polishes, etc.

Please let me know as soon as possible so I can tell my .. uh.. friend..
that he can start putting the wood kit on his truck... um err... car..
whatever... hee hee :-)

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver98)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow