Custom Gen 2 Rad ?'s

From: Fast4x4Dakota@aol.com
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 16:15:20 EDT

Hey all,
It's beginning to be time for a new Radiator in my 1996 318 Dakota, I can't
really run the A/C when it's above 80 outside and have the truck stay cool
anymore. The fins are all starting to pull out down in the bottom sections
of the rad. Highway speeds keep it cool, but once it warms up, not even 80
mph will really cool it down much, you have to turn the a/c off for about 15
min even at 80 to get the temp back down. Water pump is relatively new, last
year I replaced that, clutch fan works great, it's just the radiator is not
cutting it anymore, somehow I think these trucks are borderline for cooling
systems with the V-8 to begin with. I was considering having a 4 row brass
and copper radiator made for it with all the stock fixins like shrowd clips,
and mounting tabs, anyone have any shop they reccomend or have used? What
should I be looking at in price for something like that? Also what do I need
to get those stupid quick disconnect things off my A/T cooler? Because I
want to add an External Trans cooler at the same time. I like to tow with my
truck so I need both engine and trans to stay cool, I'm afraid I won't even
be able to tow this year with as quick as it gets warm. Thanks all!

Luke
1996 Black 4x4 Dakota, SLT, CC SB, 318, 3" 2 Chamber Flowmaster cat back
exhaust, 14" Open element air filter, 52mm Ported TB, A-518, 3.55 Geared
E-Body 8 3/4" with 10" Brakes Detroit Locker and Moser Engineering Custom
Alloy Axles, 31x10.50 BFG Radial Mud Terrains, Alpine CD player, Infinity
Kappa Speakers.

Coming next: 408 Stroker, Ross custom made Forged 9.0:1 pistons, Ported 2.02"
1.625" Valve Magnum heads, Eagle 6.123" H Beam rods, Mopar Performance 4.00"
Crank, Hughes 1.6 Roller Rockers, Hughes 1828AL Hydraulic Roller Cam .544
Intake .544 Exhaust 218/228 @ 0.050 Lift, Mopar MPI 2bbl Intake, Mopar
Performance Computer, 24 Lb/Hr injectors, Jet Hot coated Mopar Performance
headers. Plus either Twin Garret T-3 Turbo's or a 7-10 PSI Supercharger.