OT: EGR passage cleaner?

From: Corey Betka (betka@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Jun 24 2002 - 23:13:05 EDT

Off topic question: I'm swapping out the digital linear EGR valve on
my '91 lumina daily driver, and everything I've read says to clean the
passages before putting the new one on but nothing says what to use.

Will carb cleaner and a bunch of pipe cleaners work?

This is about the last thing I'm doing to try to revive this thing, so
I'm trying to do it right.

Dakota content:
Almost up to 15,000 miles, really need to get it in for the 12,000 mi
differential fluid changes. I don't do much hard driving on it, so
3,000 over the recommended interval shouldn't be a big deal....

Thanks guys,
Corey Betka
'01 4.7l CC 4x4 Forest Green (his)
'02 Camaro Z28 Hardtop Sebring Silver (hers)
'91 3.1l Lumina Sedan (daily driver, for now)
http://www.uiuc.edu/~betka/