Re: RE: Honeycomb Mesh

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 06:30:33 EDT

>I'd just like to have some cheap stuff that's easily available and looks
>good so I can have it on by this Friday (NOPI).

<-Ryan

Ryan,
      I put grille mesh in my Dak this past weekend and it looks pretty
good. For both the upper and lower opening, I used rain gutter mesh. I got
some good ideas from gibsdakota.com and drunkenbear.biz. I used a
combination of both sites and I think I have a total of about $15 tied up
in it. I even rigged a remote hood latch release so I can have the entire
grille covered by the mesh. If you want email off line and I'll send you
pics of the hood release and the grille and give you the details on what I
did. The hardest thing to do was removing the bumper to install the mesh in
the front fascia. Thank god for air tools. I think all together, it took me
about 3 hours to do everything.

Ray
Dover, DE