Re: Replacing only the muffler

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 20:14:22 EDT

That's what we (ok...Jon) did on my Dak. The original plan was to just
undo the clamps at each end of the factory muffler, pull it out, and
slip in the Flowmaster 50 with 2.5 inch pipes on each end.

Didn't work out so well; Jon had to pull out the plasma cutter and
hacked the pipes as close to the muffler body as possible. I purchased
a new front hanger/clamp from the dealer (easiest way to handle that).
Fortunately the FM was slightly longer than the OEM muffler, so it took
up the "slack." New clamp in back and a second clamp up front as I
recall just to make sure everything was secure.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com