Replacing only the muffler

From: Ryan Rodgers (rodgers_ryan@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 26 2002 - 12:40:01 EDT

If I was to splice a performance muffler in-line on my 2000 Dak, what
would be involved? I know it's 2.5 inch pipe. Will a muffler with 2.5
inch openings slide over the existing pipe and clamp on? And, yes I
realize I may need to add a hanger or 2 and some straight pipe depending
on the length of the muffler. I was looking at getting a cat-back
system, but due to other issues, it is cost prohibitive to spend that
much on my "dakota hobby" right now. At least a nice performance
muffler would be a little better than stock (and easier to convince the
wife to let me buy).
-Ryan
Garland, TX