RE: Dak still too powerful........

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@FIUFIJI.com)
Date: Thu Jun 27 2002 - 00:25:06 EDT

i would say... buy a ford.

Gabe
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net]On Behalf Of steve preston
Sent: Wednesday, June 26, 2002 11:17 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: Dak still too powerful........

Guys,I need to do something with this truck. It has
way too much take-off,midrange,and top-end power! A
little bit ago,I was stopped at a light beside one of
those "leading-brand" pickups,and he kinda revved it
up a little,like he thought he was gonna get the,how
you say,"smack-down" on me? But when the light turned
green,I simply depressed the accelerator pedal
modestly,and all of a sudden,there was no one around
me anymore! It kinda freaked me out,and I started to
wonder if he had ever really been there in the first
place! So it`s obvious that these 4.7`s have too much
horsepower from the factory,or something. I`m
embarassed for these people! Is there something I
could maybe dip the throttle body in to make it a
little more restrictive,or some kind of box I could
plug in to screw up my timing at the flip of a switch?
(Truck`s too powerful). Thanks! P.S. I am SURE that
others on the list here have many of the same
concerns! Heh heh.

Steve P.

=====
2001 Dodge Dakota 4X4 Sport RC,Flame Red/4.7L V8/45RFE auto/3.92
limited-slip/16" aluminum wheels/Infinity CD-cassette system.