Re: Spare seats at BBQ?

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@Sympatico.ca)
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 16:30:57 EDT

There was a Daktoberfest 2000, but it was pretty small. I think the only
people there were Jim Knox, Ed, Jon, Norah, me, and a couple of Norah's
friends that we invited down.

I discovered that there isn't even a meet report for it on the DML page,
but I know it happened, because that's where we got the pictures of
our '98 that made it in to the 2001 DML calendar.

I remember Ed getting stuck at the BBQ, but what happened at Daktoberfest
was worse than stuck. Ed and Jim said it felt like running in to wall as
opposed to the standard sinking feeling you get. Our Dak wouldn't budge
it. Jon's Ram wouldn't budge it. We had to hook up the tractor, and
even that wasn't working with the tow straps, so we went for the chains
hooked on to the safety loops of the trailer hitch. I thought for sure
those things were going to get ripped off. I'm here to tell you, the
Mopar trailer hitch is one well-built accessory.

Anyway, that was the last time Ed's truck went off road, as far as I
know. At the BBQ he made it down to the ravine (we have pics), but after
hitting the stump in the first 6 feet of trail, he just parked it.

Sorry for rambling, just thought I'd tell the story since there's no page
for it.