A/C Control question

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 04:33:15 EDT

On a Gen. III (2000 or older) The temp. control when turned all the way
towards cold, There is about 1/4 inch worth of turn that my control will not
stay at. Feels like it should "click" in to position at the point. Mine just
comes back that 1/4 inch. Last week at the dealer the service manger saw
that and put a new on order. My question is what dose this last bit do?

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm
*-------------Save up to 80% on Dental Services!-------------*
        Includes FREE Prescription, Vision & Chiropractic Plans!
               http://www.iboplus.com/dmallett