Re: Worlds Freakiest Tire Puncture.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Jul 01 2002 - 05:40:07 EDT

I have had many flats in my days. One I had was in NYC I think I was in the
Bronx about 20 years ago. Pulled a 1/4 inch steel rod, 10inchs long with a
nut on one end out of the tire. Nut end was impaled into the tire! I kept
that in the glove box of that Pinto till the company traded the fleet of
them in. I never got a flat as long as I had that rod in the car. Last year
I had gotten 2 flats with the my dak as I went around a curve in the road.
Looks like both tires on the same side hit the same pipe sticking into the
road. Ripped a hole clean through the side walls of the OEM Badyears! Good
thing I got a road hazard warranty, $64 later I had two new tires. My buddy
who luckily was following me with his Dak lent me his spare until the tire
store got the 2 new tires in.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/
http://www.dakota-truck.net/profiles/dakota/QwkvWz@DAJFf6/profile.htm
*-------------Save up to 80% on Dental Services!-------------*
        Includes FREE Prescription, Vision & Chiropractic Plans!
               http://www.iboplus.com/dmallett