Calling all virtual BBQers!

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 10:47:08 EDT

I've been talking to Jon and I thought it would be a cool idea if
(since he's on cable now) we had a live chat session going during the
BBQ. Obviously it'd be pointless while we're on the trail but while
we're in the barn, especially hanging around at night watching our
videos, we can talk about what you're seeing/saw on the webcam.

The only trouble is, how do we do it? Most of the IM clients have
"chat room" capbilities - ICQ, AIM, and Yahoo Messenger. Additionally,
we could hook up on IRC, or I may be able to get us a web-based chat.
If anyone else has any ideas (maybe a Java chat client somewhere), I'm
open.

If folks are interested in doing this, please let me know preferably by
direct email (I'm on digest mode this week since I'm on the road).
Software preferences greatly appreciated. Once we have the details
ironed out, I'll have Jon post something maybe on the webcam page so
it's an easy hookup.

=====
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com