Re: RE: Rear Diff Capacity (01 Dak w/ 12 bolt)

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 02 2002 - 22:22:55 EDT

Unfortunately the wittjr's we use at work are about 12-18
months behind on the actual model years, while there are slight differences
between model years parts wise, most of the general maintence information is
accurate. If anyone notices a variation on somethings between model years
please let me know or alert the part sales manger of the store you frequent
as we can send messages to corporate
to have the information updated.

As far as the differential capacity goes I have found it rarely changes on
these trucks. AUTO ZONE stocks the gaskets for the 8-1/4" and 9-1/4"
rearends for around $5.00 each and the gear lubricant is also stocked in
both conventional and synthetic formulas starting at $2.99-$6.99 a quart,
the LSD additive is also stocked in a tube
for around $5.00 includes a few ounces of lube to make
installation easier.

Ron-
2001 Dakota Sport 3.9 supercharged br silver
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com
website: www.scsilverdak.com