TMP finally opens!

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 09:47:00 EDT

For those near the Ontario:

Toronto Motorsports Park (TMP), formerly Cayuga International Dragway,
is officially opening on July 5th. The track has undergone major
renovations since last season's end to bring it up to IHRA standards.
This is the track that I ran my 14.313 and 14.381 on last October.

An IHRA major event (the Big Boys) will be held Thurs. Aug. 8 to Sun. Aug.11.
Information can be found at:

   http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/dragway/home.htm

Unfortunately, I'll be up at Grand Bend Motorplex this Sun. for their
mopar race (will finally get a chance to see what the ported
heads will do!) and at the Nats in Columbus OH that Aug. weekend.

Jim Knox (91 red, 4x4, honorary DMLer) and I both went out in the semis
at Grand Bend last year while Rich Middleton (98 RC Sport, London, Ont.)
took 2nd place in the Truck class. If anyone is at Grand Bend, drop by the
pit area for a chat.

Bob Tom Burlington, Ont., Canada
'97 CC Dakota, 5.2L, 4x2, 44RE, 3.92SG, 4,075 lb (truck, driver, 3/8 tank)
RW: 231.2 hp 340.0 torque PB: 14.313 95.05 mph