remote starters?

From: Jon (jonsdak@midmaine.com)
Date: Wed Jul 03 2002 - 22:17:23 EDT

Hi all,
I'm getting my A/C recharged in a week or so, which led me to ponder the
advantages of steping into a nice cool truck as soon as I head out the door,
so I'm looking for opinions on buying and installing remote starters. What
are the good ones? This topic is on the short list of reasons why I'm glad
my truck's an automatic, I don't have to look for one with a
clutch-interlock defeater switch. Because I know that, sooner or later, I
would end up leaving the truck in gear, especially since I never park
manuals in neutral anyway.
Okay, once I get one, would it be better on me and my wallet to install it
myself, or is it so time-consuming or complicated that I'd be better off
sending the truck to a shop? What's involved in the install?
Thanks

--
Later,
Jon