Re: Stall Convertor

From: scsilverdak (scsilverdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 05:57:01 EDT

Well, depending on the low end torque the engine is putting out.It will have
a direct effect on the stall speed the converter will stall to.Typically
most street type converters
will actually have a stall speed about 200 rpm lower than advertised. My
Charger had a Mopar Performance 380
Magnum crate motor that was advertised to prefer a 3,000-3,500 stall unit, I
found it worked very well with a
TCI 11" Break-a-way that was advertised to stall at about 2,400-2,600 rpm.
Bottom line is you need to find out for sure what converter is in the car.
But yes, you are on the right track
 a 145k Mopar Perf unit would work very well in your combination,but again
it will depend on your engines level of torque it produces. Most of these
converters are rated at stall speeds that are installed with a engine
producing
approx 250-300 lb/ft of torque, if your engine is making more than this it
will stall slightly higher.

Ron-
2001 Dakota Sport 3.9 supercharged br silver
e-mail: scsilverdak@hotmail.com
website: www.scsilverdak.com