Re: OBD Scan Tool's

From: Ray (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Jul 04 2002 - 22:54:14 EDT

I just bought one. Nice tool. Scanned the Dak today. Interesting to see
what the PCM is seeing and compare it to my gauges. Going to the track
Friday nite to get some data during a run. I'm just interested in knowing
what effect certain mods make with regard to what the PCM does in response.

I suppose it's possible your rpm fluctuations could be from the O2 sensor
having issues but I believe this scanner, ODB 1, doesn't test it directly.
However, it will show you what it's seeing regarding rich, lean or centered
air/fuel ratio.

In case you haven't looked, AutoXray's web site has a lot of info, including
the user manual. The best pricing I found was at Ontool.com.

HTH. Ray