Re: Careful with Soft Tonneau covers

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 17:17:26 EDT

SUCCESS!

Well, you got my thinking juices flowing, and I decide to give that a test..
I drilled straight down into the side rail into the rubber part of the front
bar that goes into the side rail.. Used a screw that was almost exactly the
right depth (goes thru the rail and goes all the way thru the rubber part of
the front bar, and almost into the bottom part of the side rail). Did that
on both sides, and works like a charm. I put a good amount of force into
the front bar, and could not get it to budge... I did the drill holes in
front of the first snap of the side rail so I got the main part of the front
bar rubber. Not worried about taking the screws out often to remove that
front bar, since I've only done it once in the 2.5 years i've had the truck,
and didn't really need to do it then.. Just happen to remove the side
rails for a day or 2.. Another option as you were mentioning would be to
put a pin thru the side of it, and if you need to remove the front bar, just
pull that pin out and you're good to go!

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2

> Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2002 11:24:36 -0500
> From: "Donald Mallett" <mallett@prepaidlegal.com>
> Subject: Re: DML: Careful with Soft Tonneau covers
>
> I found the little nicks in the back of my cab also. I've toyed with
the
> idea of drilling a small hole down thru the side rail into the slide part
of
> the back rail and put a screw or a pin to stop it from sliding foward and
> hitting the cab. Never got a round to it I guess ;p I took care of the
nicks
> with a little touch up paint.
>
> Shortly after I got my QC I put Anti-Slip Tape on all door the sills.
Got