RE: Power-Gate not working

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 01:15:03 EDT

I thought the Pop'n'Lock was a locking device that fits over the tailgate
handle operated with a key? Took a look at the Pace Edwards web site and
they sell a Pop'n'Lock just as I just mentioned. I check the JC Wittless
page and found no powered Pop'n'Lock. Can you spare any info on this?

--
Don Mallett

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 09:01:47 EDT From: Quiktruk99@aol.com Subject: DML: RE: Power-Gate not working

Ah yes, the infamous Powergate saga! Been there, done that, same result on my 99. It's a piece of junk, IMO. I got the Pop'n'Lock model, has a big steel bar that blocks the handle, and uses the same wiring! JC Whitney has it on sale for only $59.95, just buy it & hook it into the Pace wiring. I've had no problems for almost 2 years now, and Pat from the DML (where I bought my Pace lock) gave me a partial credit on the return of the lock minus the wiring. I

have the Pace RollTop & love it, but their locks suck. Live & learn. Kevin / NJ