Crank/Cam position sensor location on 4.7?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sun Jul 07 2002 - 23:47:09 EDT

  Just wondering if anyone might be able to tell me the locations of
the camshaft position sensor and crankshaft position sensor on the
4.7L? We got a P1391 code from the Adam Blaster's truck so I want
to take a look see at both of those sensors just to be sure the
connectors haven't come loose or anything simple like that.

  The engine developed a ticking noise, and as Adam was driving it
on the highway, it quit. After that, it would sometimes start, but
when it ran the tick was evident and it ran really rough. It didn't
really even have enough power to move around on its own in the parking
lot. Not knowing anything about the 4.7 I'm guessing it sucked in
some water and one or both cams may be out of sync (jumped a tooth?)
The tick makes me think its something internal, but I want to just
take a look at the sensors to be sure they appear OK, on the off
chance that the tick is a symptom of an incorrect cam/crank signal
rather than an actual internal misalignment.

 Thanks!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'