Re: Re: Clear corner lights

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 10:19:21 EDT

If you mean taillights and you mean the all clear ones, chances are they are
not legal. I however had a set of clear ones and passed numerous cops, even
had them sittin behind me at stop lights and never got a ticket. I had them
for 2 months and took em off and sold em. I noticed they were not bright
enough in the daytime and people would not see em and slam on their brakes.
Almost got rearended a couple of times. I now have the Altezza taillights
made by apc. They have dot stampings on them and they are visible in the day
just as much as stock. Oh the other hand, if you mean clear front turn
signals, They are legal if you use orange bulbs in them. Most do not come
with orange bulbs and you have to goto autozone or whatever and buy them. I
however do not have the orange bulbs up front and have never been ticketed
for them (even when stopped for speeding). As a case in point look at some
other cars (the chevy cavileer comes to mind) they have clear front turn
signals with orange bulbs and came from the factory that way ! Look at my
webpage for pics of my taillights and clear fronts.

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed