Re: The in-cab camera experiment

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 17:04:01 EDT

Granpa Silver89 <SilverEightynine@earthlink.net> wrote:

: Andy Levy wrote:
:>
:> Well, we tried the camera on the tripod in my cab. Jason Bleazard rode
:> shotgun and held the tripod down and we got...decent footage of 2 mud
:> pit runs. The tripod was a little too tall, so the angle is sort of
:> looking down at the nose of the truck, but you can get a little feel for
:> the ride.
:>

: I would say it was a success for a first time trial set up. I have been
: pondering a way to set up a camera in my truck now. I'm thinking
: either a version of a tripod - or some sort of bracket I can hard mount
: inside the cab somewhere.

: You know what would be REALLY cool? is if we could get cameras to show
: the inside of the truck too. Like you see in spy and sting operation, or
: Dateline investigations? Heh the Dateline I am thinking of, oddly
: enough, is one where they had cameras inside cars, and they were
: reporting on reckless adolescent drivers heh.... sounds exactly like
: what we need at the BBQ!!!

  Now that is an interesting idea... :-) A camera mounted looking
out the front window, a camera in the passenger footwell looking at
the driver, and someone outside videotaping the run. Then, I could
try to set up the video as a split screen, showing each view
simultaneously in 1/4 of the screen, with the final 1/4 just being
text, showing the person's name, or maybe giving comments every now
and again, like "ouch!" "eeek!" and "oooooh!". :-)

  Or, even with two views, the inside view could be put down in a
corner like a "picture in picture".

  That's assuming we have any trucks left to try it for next year...
Best of luck to everyone with vehicles currently under the knife!

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com -----. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | '70 Barracuda, '92 Ram 4x4, '96 Dakota, '96 Intruder 1400, '96 FireFly | `----------------------------------------- http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'