Re: Re: RE: Re: I need serious help... (Update)

From: KCDak (KCDak@JnJAnderson.com)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 18:06:07 EDT

I just went out and started the truck and let it run for about 10-15
minutes. I removed the radiator cap and stuck a meat thermometer in to
check the temp. The temp is sitting right around 190 degrees which is what
the gauge is showing. I can also see the coolant clearly moving through the
tube. This tells me that at least the pump is pumping the water, the t-stat
is opening to allow the flow, and the temp sensor is at least showing the
correct temp right now. Not sure what to check next.

Jason

""KCDak"" <KCDak@JnJAnderson.com> wrote in message

> Yes, both fans seem to run fine, and the hose to the t-stat gets very hot.
> I double and triple checked with the FSM to make sure that I put the
t-stat
> in the correct way. The spring side towards the engine and the cone side
> towards the radiator.
>
> Jason
>

> "Kenneth Eng" <keng@novadigm.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Is the fan still working?
> > The coolant level is to the bottom of the cap. The level may have
dropped
> > when you turned on the heat as it would have circulated into the heater
> > core.
> > Is the hose to the thermostat very hot? If not, the thermostat is
> installed
> > the wrong way.

After