Re: Not spared from DML BBQ carnage!!! AAAHHH!!!

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 00:35:03 EDT

Esler, Joel wrote:
> Actually, my friends, it sounds like a good thing I didn't make it to New
> York?
>
> Esler, Joel D

The way things went it would seem that those who did NOT attend were the
smartest - or at the least - the ones with the most luck.

I am not too certain that I got away scott-free either. The engine
hasn't been starting too smoothly. It seems that when I crank it over -
it starts to fire up, but then fails. It took two attempts to start it
today.

  My oil is well burnt and will be changed tomarrow. I picked up a fresh
case of Mobil One 10W30 and popped in a new air filter. Plus - I am
seeing some oily residue coming from the crankcase breather inlet in the
air filter box. Could that indicate blow-by? I'll get a pic of it as
soon as I can so I can get some opinions. I know it is fresh - because
when I ran the mud pit - the inside of the air filter box got REAL wet
when I took in water. It was not there when I left Jon's place.

It also does not run too smoothly under throttle. The RPMs fluctuate.
Without knowing much at all about engine timing... I have a feeling its
not properly timed.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow