The Mud Pit Claims Another

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 19:13:16 EDT

Well it seems I have suffered ill effects of the BBQ as well.

I finally took Granpa to a self serve car wash and got almost all of the
mud off the truck. (save for spots under the truck i could reach) The
pressure washer did wonderful.

I decided to hose down the engine as well........

The truck will not start...

It was wanting to stall out after I washed the engine but I thought it
was ok. I got alllmost to my house when she stalled and wouldn't start
and threw out a check engine light. I had to push her across the street
and infrot of my house.

I definatly have oil residue that is coming from the Crankcase breather
on the passenger side of the engine. There is oil residue on the brand
new air filter I put in.

I don't have time or the energy to try and repair her right now. Things
are changing in my life real fast and it looks like I might be moving
out of Chicago and up to Wisconsin. I'm going out of town to look at
some places on Thursday. Granpa will have to wait till then.

If the truck is damaged badly, I don't know what I will do. My 2wd
barely runs and I can't afford more repairs to either truck right now.

If I ever make it back to the BBQ - I'm not going through the mud pit -
trails only.

I have to go see if I can get it in the back yard now. I'll keep ya
guys posted. Chalk one more up to the pit.

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow