Re: Head surgery successful!

From: srp@cox.net
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 10:44:35 EDT

Sounds good!

My current experiences-- '00 RT, with a bunch of bolt ons (1.7 Crower Rockers, Mopar Headers, 4bbl M1, F&B 52mm, Mopar PCM, MSD6a) did 254 hp & 306 torque at the rears... and a best of 14.3 @ 95 mph

Did a Crower custom cam built around my 1.7s, Mopar Perf. RT heads (1.92 small valve) bolted on straight out of the box)-- Results- 283 hp & 325 torque-- The biggest difference, the HP and torque curve comes on much sooner, then runs a lot higher (254 @ 4600 rpm before, 283 hp @ 5400 rpm now--- Truck makes nearly 85 hp & 95 ft. lbs. MORE than when stock at 5400 rpm!) Ran at the track this past weekend with some crappy tires-- 14.8 (major major wheelspin) @ 98.7 mph! then a 14.4 @ 98.5, then ran a set of 28" Hoosiers I borrowed-- 14.19 @ 97.9 then a 14.18 @ 97.8 mph! With a set of 26" MTs I should be in the 13.99 or better range. I'm going for a 2400 rpm converter too!

For people wanting to go this route (small valve, lower peak RPM than the 2.02 big valve crowd) I will be selling the complete setup very soon as a kit if there's interest (have a couple people already).. Kit will include roller cam (Crower), *1.7 Roller kit/rev kit, *High Perf. Roller Lifters, *1.92 valve RT heads, *timing chain, *all gaskets.

*Delete items for people with these components already on hand.

Sam
www.socaldakota.com
"Yeah I lied on dragtruk-- I can do 14.18 1/4 mi :P"