re:Subject: Any Gen II owners running 15x8 rims? ATTN: Brett

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 19:18:00 EDT

Hey Brett.

At 10:16 PM 7/12/02 +0000, you wrote:
>I looked into running the 15x8's for my '94. Actually had two put on while
>at a shop so I could check them out. The fronts did not fit correctly on my
>Dak. --SNIP--

After I posted, I found a message from a DMLer dated Sep. 2000 on my other
computer. He put the stock 15x8s on his 93 4x2. I don't know what size
tires he used and I don't think that he's still on the list.

He said that there 2 ways to go.

One is to trim the A-arm about 1/8" so that any clamp-on weights will
have clearance. He said that the rim will clear the balljoint but may rub
on the frame at full lock. There probably not enough room to put the
center caps on going this way.

The DMLer went the spacer route. He fabbed 1/2" spacers which necessitated
getting longer studs from MP which, in turn, necessitated having the rotor
holes
drilled as the MP studs have a little, larger diameter than the stock ones. He
said that it worked well and he like the look.

I think someone else tried 1/4" spacer but the center hub still protruded
too much for the center cap to lay flat.

Just in case you happen to think about looking into it again.

Bob