Off Roading in a 2wd

From: Esler, Joel (joel.esler@us.army.mil)
Date: Fri Jul 12 2002 - 22:58:11 EDT

Well today, I went to a big a** hole, filled with water, kind of like the
pit, but the water isn't as deep and the hole is "below sea level" if you
know what I mean. Well upon going across this hole, the 2wd kicked in and
the rear wheels got stuck, I attempted to rock it, and almost got it out,
but unfortunately like I said, out of the muddy ass hole, was uphill out of
this "below sea level" hole, and the mud on my street tires didn't allow
this, and after running a mile back to my house, because I was alone
(mistake #1), I found that my neighbor who has a 4x4 2002 Ram, nor my
brother, was home.

So, it sucks.

Well I called my friend with his Ram, and he had furniture in the back of
his truck and needed my brother to help him unload it, well, my brother was
no where to be found, so consequently, my dual exhaust stayed in the mud.

So, it sucks.

I was walking back to my truck, when along out of no where, this kid,
probably 16 or 17, comes back with a Gen I Dakota, 3.9L 2wd Automatic. He
asks where I am walking to, (down this mud trail) and he offers to pull me
out. Without much of a help, just enough to get some of the mud off the
back tires, I get out of the hole. By this time, my truck is COVERED with
mud, (basically I am looking like Adam, after the Pit)... I can't see out
any of my mirrors, and my whole (cab back) is brown.

So, it sucks.

I take off down the road (of course, after having a little fun with my new
found friend in the mud trails), slinging mud everywhere, and I go to my
friend's new house (that he was moving furniture into) with the 4x4. (Boy
was he surprised to see me, [he talks alot of sh*t])!! I convince him to
come back with me, I go back through the sides of the mud hole, and my
friend decides to go right through the middle, well, besides getting his
engine a bit wet, he made it through, cracked the air dam, but made it
through...

So, it sucks.

Then, as we come out of the hole again, we hear a cop siren.. back here?
says I? Back here he is. He "pulls us over" says that it's private
property, (no sign though), runs all three of us, at the end of the whole
thing, the cop is cool about it, and doesn't do anything. So, besides a
broken air dam, and ALOT of mud on the trucks, I had fun!

Joel