Doh -- WAS: Dakota won't go above 800 rpm

From: WP (puzlist@mn.rr.com)
Date: Sun Jul 14 2002 - 19:18:59 EDT

You were correct. I double checked the distributor alignment, and it
was off by almost 1/2 wire. It probably had enough contact to handle
idling, but as the engine speeded up, the rotor must have lost
connection with the cap & acted as an RPM limiter. Boy do I feel stupid
for missing this one.

It revs real nice now. Blipped it up to 5000 RPM.

Thanks everyone.

Warren