The Royal FLUSH Treatment.

From: Mallett, Donald B (Donald.Mallett@BNSF.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 03:38:14 EDT

Last week I asked about the thread size of the anti-freeze drain plug behind
the T-stat on my 4.7L. The reason was that when I put in the 180 deg T-stat
2 years ago, I just about rounded out the Allen screw part of it. I was
concerned about completing destroying it today. I noticed the one for the
vent by the upper hose is the same size so I pulled that and off to..... Yep
you guessed it.... Home Depot. I'm not going to destroy another drain plug
or my knuckles again :-) I picked up a 3/8 to 1/4 inch reducer, 1/4*1
section and a 1/4 inch ball valve.

I still need to drill a small hole in the handle of the ball valve. This
will allow the handle to be tied in the closed position for safety reasons.

Went back to continue the flush, While at HD a piece of vinyl tubing was
added to the list. Sized to fit inside the Prestone flush kit thing that
pushes into the radiator cap hole. This allows the flushed fluid to go down
under the truck instead of all over the engine.

All in all the flush went well! I need to order some water wetter or
something from Bernd.

Don Mallett
Y2K QC 4.7L Auto SLT+
http://Geocities.com/maldbnsf/