Re: recalibrate the speedometer

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 17:38:34 EDT

As Jon said, it depends a lot on the year. For '98s and up, I do know
that the speed is picked up from the sensor mounted on the rear pumpkin
and the adjustment must be made in the computer (specifically, the CABS,
or Controller, ABS). There is a table pre-loaded in the computer that
tells the system how many tire revolutions per mile; the dealer can ONLY
make adjustments insofar as to tell the computer which of these values
to use; there are only 4 or 5 factory tire sizes.

If you're using a non-factory tire size (remember, this outside
circumference, not the measurements on the sidewall), you'll need a
"black box" that will correct the signal. These go for about $40 IIRC;
I think Bernd knows where to get one.

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com