Re: Dakota running crappy (here we go AGAIN)

From: Pukeloser@aol.com
Date: Tue Jul 16 2002 - 18:51:37 EDT

    Well if its taking a while to start and seems to be bogging that might
indicate a fuel pressure problem, this would certainly explain the loss of
power if your pump is bad. The fuel pump should last a very long time UNLESS
you've run out of gas with that pump, in which case the pump would probably
start acting up within a month or so. The pump uses the fuel as a lubricant
so running out of fuel kills 'em.
    The pressure should be easy enough to check, just get a fuel pressure
gauge from the parts store and connect it to the fuel system (mine has a
connector on the drivers side of the fuel rail) I cant remember what it
should be at but I'm sure someone on the list knows.

John S