Re: Heat Shield Question

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 15:06:45 EDT

Dave,
      The heat shields several of us have been referring to are the thin
round pipe like tubes that go around each individual sparkplug. I can't
speak for all sizes of engines, but on my V6 they were a pain the a$$. I
remove the heat shields your are talking about when I change my plugs, but
I re-install them when I'm finished. They appear to protect more then just
the plug wires. If you run headers, it's not as big of a concern because
the headers are made from different material and dissipate heat quicker
then do cast iron manifolds.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE