Re: tonneau question - soft -vs-hard

From: Andy Levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jul 18 2002 - 23:08:10 EDT

jack+nntp@cybermail.net wrote:
> do you have a soft tonneau or a hard cap? I'm thinking that
> the 'flexibility' of the soft tonneau might make it a lot
> less aerodynamic than having a hard cover.
>
> Price alone makes me thing I want to go with a soft cover.
>
> jack

I've got a Downey SST soft cover. I like it for the most part, the
snap/channel system is very easy and I don't have to worry about lining
up snaps or anything. I don't think the flexibility takes away *too*
much from the aerodynamics compared to the hard cover. But like I said
to Ron, you may never make up the price difference between soft & hard
in gas mileage.

The only real annoyances I have with the cover are that A) I don't have
a way to roll it up and secure it (I suppose I could get some Velcro
straps to fix that) and B) with the slider open, I hear it
slapping/buzzing (but you'll get that with *any* soft tonneau).

--
-andy
andylevy@yahoo.com