Re: RE: got my boyds and I was Riped off

From: Got-Speed \(Marty\) (Got-Speed@cox.net)
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 08:29:18 EDT

Yeah I had the problem of getting ripped off for $560. I bought a 7" indash
LCD and DVD combo abd never got it. To make a long story short the guy
"preorderd" 10 units, gave some joe schmoe (who he only knew on a first name
basis) $5600 and the guy walked. They never heard from him again. That is
the story I got from the seller. I taled to the seller about 2 weeks ago and
they were going to get a loan for the $5600 and pay everyone back. I can
only wait.

One thing I did do that seems to work is file a complaint with 3 places.
1. With ebay
2. With squaretrade
3. with www.ifccfbi.gov

The 3rd is the most important, its the internet fraud division of the FBI. I
got a call from the local detective in the sellers area the next day. They
are going to prosecute him. Just make sure you keep copies of EVERYTHING.
(Email, moneyorders, checks, etc....) But try to settle with the seller
first and foremost.

Hope that helps, but from where i'm standin at least you got *something* ;)

Marty
http://members.cox.net/got-speed