I HATE!! the Chrysler A-500!!

From: Granpa Silver89 (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 00:47:34 EDT

Well it would seem that my bad luck also continues. When I changed my
oil (on tuesday if I remember correctly) I saw that my transmission pan
was leaking.

Prior to the DML BBQ I had the trans repaired to restore my overdrive -
it was a bad OD solenoid. So I call up the trans place and tell them -
no big deal - bring it in - fix for free.

Today I did just that - they dropped the pan - put in a fresh gasket and
new fluid. About 2 hours ago I was out hosing off the truck and the
underbody - still removing LARGE amounts of Stiger Quick Set
Concrete[TM] (aka MUD!)

After the wash down with the hose I went to take the Dak around the
block a few times - well I am ticked off. The trans is shifting 2-3K
RPM too late, and is downshifting way too soon (when slowing down with
the brakes) I am having a hard time believing that the garden hose - a
low pressure squirt gun - caused this problem. I took a pressure washer
to the underside a week earlier and had no problems.

I'm left wondering if some schmuck at the trans shop put the wrong type
trans fluid in the truck. If the wrong fluid was put in - it would have
these sort of symptoms correct? Now it didnt happen until just a couple
hours ago. I drove home from the trans shop on 290 west at speeds
around 65 MPH - and had no problems. However I did not drive the truck
again until tonight when the problems started. No matter what caused
this problem tonight - I STILL LOATH THE A-500 TRANSMISSION!

[deep breath]

--

"Hey Ray! Granpa done gone'n hit another light pole!"

Granpa - (Silver89)

1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 1989 Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow