RE: [UPDATE] This is getting ridiculous......

From: Mr. Plow (adam_is_mr_plow@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Jul 20 2002 - 15:58:19 EDT

>Mr. Plow,
>dem damn idler pulleys do die. Idler pulleys have a way of freezing so
>the tensioner won't adjust or the bearing go south. Don't feel snake >bit
>you're not the only one on the list that's had an idler pulley crap out.
>Bill

Well, it's more the fact that the pulley went on me, on my way HOME from the
dealer where it had been for nearly two weeks.
That there, is the 'ole Adam luck in effect..... :)
As an update though, we changed out the pulley with a nice shiny new one,
and after much struggling, (my friend wouldn't listen to me about putting
the belt on the tensioner FIRST) we got the belt on as well.
I took her for a quick little rip, if it broke again, i want it done closer
to my buddy's place, but she did fine. Revved normal, no more burning
rubber smell, the temp stayed fine, oil pressure is still a little up, we
overfilled it a touch, but no worries on that.
So, as i type this out, i'll be going for a successful completion of
"Attempt no. 3" at getting my Dak home. :) :) :)

The Adam Blaster
Two words, figure it out.....